Thursday, September 18, 2014

Painting, painting and more painting. Oh, and caulking too.



Now with the shutters in. I am finally ready to finish the interior. Caulking the ship lap siding is a lot of work. The gaps are wider than they should be because we made the mistake of not letting the wood cure in the building for a few days. One has to let wood dry out a bit before putting it up as siding because after we installed it, days later, it did dry out and left gaps in both the floor and the walls. I share these mistakes so you don't make them. And I made a lot.


So, the caulking is almost complete and the painting is almost done too. 


My intention is to finish the painting of the walls and the floors by the end of September. And then finish the painting of the exterior. The shutters are half primed and the walls are half painted. Oh my goodness, aahhhh-lmost there.  

 


2 comments:

  1. also been getting far more blooms on the adult plants than I've ever gotten before, but I've been awful about finding time to take pictures and post them. Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been your silent reader for quite some time and now I’m delighted to say that I’m inspired by your articles. You have shared very valuable information and knowledge that people should recognise. Thank you for sharing. I would love to see more updates from you.

    Airless Spray

    ReplyDelete